PORT OF ENTRY
Created by Albany Park Theater Project & Third Rail Projects
Port of Entry invites you to step inside the real-life stories of immigrants and refugees from all parts of the world living side by side in a single apartment building in one of the country’s most diverse immigrant communities: Chicago’s Albany Park.
Each performance of Port of Entry welcomes just 28 audience members into an iconic courtyard apartment building meticulously recreated within a 1929 warehouse. With each step through this 3-story immersive world, guests will experience the struggles, joys, and triumphs of people from around the globe forging new lives alongside one another.
Co-created by Albany Park Theater Project and Third Rail Projects and performed by APTP’s youth ensemble, Port of Entry will take you on a journey through time and across cultures.
Sign up for ticket alerts
Pay What You Choose
Need to speak with a person?
Winter Hiatus: Jan – Feb 2024
Spring ’24 Season: 3/8 – 6/16/24
Spring 2024 Schedule
APTP On Montrose
3547 West Montrose
Albany Park, Chicago
ABOUT THE EXPERIENCE
Port of Entry is an experiential performance that surrounds and engages guests.
- Port of Entry lasts 2 hours without intermission.
- Port of Entry involves standing, walking, and climbing stairs.
- At each performance we can welcome a limited number of guests who use wheelchairs or have difficulty climbing stairs.
- Children under age 14 will not be admitted.
- The immersive format of the show makes it impossible to admit late arrivals.
- Guests will be separated from others in their group for some or all of the performance.
- Purses and bags of any size must be checked for the safety of performers and other guests.