PORT OF ENTRY
Created by Albany Park Theater Project & Third Rail Projects
Port of Entry invites you to step inside the real-life stories of immigrants and refugees from all parts of the world living side by side in a single apartment building in one of the country’s most diverse immigrant communities: Chicago’s Albany Park.
Each performance of Port of Entry welcomes just 28 audience members into an iconic courtyard apartment building meticulously recreated within a 1929 warehouse. With each step through this 3-story immersive world, guests will experience the struggles, joys, and triumphs of people from around the globe forging new lives alongside one another.
Co-created by Albany Park Theater Project and Third Rail Projects and performed by APTP’s youth ensemble, Port of Entry will take you on a journey through time and across cultures.
SPRING 2024 TICKET ANNOUNCEMENT COMING IN EARLY DECEMBER.
Sign up on the waiting list for first access to tickets.
Pay What You Choose
Need to speak with a person?
Fall ’23 Season: 10/6 – 12/16/23
Winter Hiatus: Jan – Feb 2024
Spring ’24 Season: 3/1 – 6/22/24
Spring 2024 ticket announcement coming in early December.
APTP On Montrose
3547 West Montrose
Albany Park, Chicago
ABOUT THE EXPERIENCE
Port of Entry is an experiential performance that surrounds and engages guests.
- Port of Entry lasts 2 hours without intermission.
- Port of Entry involves standing, walking, and climbing stairs.
- At each performance we can welcome a limited number of guests who use wheelchairs or have difficulty climbing stairs.
- Children under age 14 will not be admitted.
- The immersive format of the show makes it impossible to admit late arrivals.
- Guests will be separated from others in their group for some or all of the performance.
- Purses and bags of any size must be checked for the safety of performers and other guests.