PLAN YOUR VISIT
Performed for just 28 guests per show, Port of Entry is staged in a 1929 warehouse meticulously transformed to replicate an iconic Chicago courtyard apartment building. The Reva & David Logan Foundation is the Building Benefactor for APTP On Montrose and Port of Entry.
Street parking is usually available within 1-2 blocks. There are no pay lots within walking distance.
More dates will be announced in late September. Currently available dates are sold out. Thank you for your patience – we are as eager for you to experience Port of Entry as you are!
Pay What You Choose
Port of Entry offers choose your price ticketing. You can choose one of six suggested options, or set a price of your own – including free. Guests at every price level enjoy the same experience.
Our box office has gone all digital. Need to speak with a person? Call 773.866.0875.
About the Immersive Experience
Port of Entry is an experiential performance. If you come to Port of Entry, you won’t find a traditional theater with a stage and audience seating. Instead, you’ll travel through a three-story, 12,000-square foot immersive world where the performance will surround and engage you. We find that this immersive format makes for a thrilling, immediate, multisensory, intimate experience. We love creating this kind of work, and we love sharing it.
Please familiarize yourself with the following information as you prepare to experience Port of Entry.
• Port of Entry lasts 2 hours without intermission.
• Port of Entry is an experiential performance that involves standing, walking, and climbing stairs.
• At each performance we can welcome a limited number of guests who use wheelchairs or have difficulty climbing stairs. Please notify us in advance at email@example.com so we can ensure you enjoy a seamless visit.
• Children under age 14 will not be admitted.
• The immersive format of the show makes it impossible to admit late arrivals. As our neighborhood only has street parking, please leave some extra time. And if you’re taking a CTA bus, please leave A LOT of extra time.
• Please expect to be separated from others in your group for some or all of the performance, as well as to be alone at times.
• We have a required, free coat and bag check for the safety of performers and other guests.
• You will be offered snacks and beverages during the show. If you have any allergies, please use discretion or decline food and drinks when offered. (Note: The snacks enhance the experience but are not a meal.)
• Please do not come to Port of Entry intoxicated. We reserve the right to refuse entry to anyone who appears intoxicated as well as to remove any audience member due to inappropriate or disruptive behavior.
• For the safety of our performers, some environments in the show are monitored by camera.
Immersive or experiential theater can mean a great many things! At Port of Entry, it means you won’t find a traditional theater with a stage and audience seating. Instead, you’ll travel through a three-story, 12,000-square foot immersive world where the performance will surround and engage you. We strive to create an experience where audience members feel more like guests than spectators. Want to learn about other immersive experiences? Visit No Proscenium or Future of StoryTelling.
APTP creates performances for teens and adults; children under age 14 will not be admitted.
We do not offer advisories about subject matter. If you have questions that might have a bearing on your comfort, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
We adhere strictly to 14 as a minimum age for a number of reasons, including that the experience involves scenes where audience members are alone with performers.
While Port of Entry does involve standing, walking, climbing stairs, and moving around, you’ll be seated for more than 75% of the performance. You can request a wheelchair friendly or limited stair experience.
Yes. When booking tickets, you can request a wheelchair friendly or limited stair experience. You can also email your request to email@example.com.
Port of Entry runs 2 hours with no intermission.
Street parking is usually available within 1-3 blocks. There are no nearby pay lots. If you drive, we recommend arriving early to allow time to find a space.
It’s simple! When you book tickets, you can choose one of 6 suggested prices – including free – or set a price of your own. A $1.50 service fee will be added to your selected price for each ticket. The true cost per guest to run a performance and pay our performers and staff is $140. Tickets booked for less than $140 are subsidized by grants and donations.
We haven’t automated our wait list yet. You can either choose another performance or email a wait list request to firstname.lastname@example.org.